Updated: Mar 11, 2021
Prairie Heights PTO agenda
October 7, 2020 6:00PM
1. Re-cap last month meeting. New PTO “staff” Emily president, Chelsea Treasurer, and
Casey Secretary. . Per Kari in business Office, PTO is starting off Negative $964.
Collected ideas for fall festival. Lastly, the PTO picked 2 fundraisers. Nature Vision to be
open all year with online sales only and School Holiday Shop.
2. Fundraiser Update: Nature vision is no longer hosting school fundraisers but suggested
Gifts N Things. GNTINC.com.
Papa Johns will do school fundraising nights. 20% of sales will be sent to the school.
Funds are paid out within 7-10 business days. Winning classroom/ teacher will win a
pizza party. Other perks include certificates for pizzas for different achievements like
perfect attendance ect. Teacher Appreciation week lunch for teachers. $6.00 large 1
topping pizzas for carnivals or festivals. Mascot will come to the schools to handout
stickers to remind students and parents about our school nights if we do 3 or more
dates. 50% off code for district staff for every Friday of the month. What dates would we
like to choose? Thoughts on doing one approx. a month before our next event to try to
raise funds for that specific event?
School Holiday Shop is almost unreachable. Left VM for Michelle at Ext 10 twice and
Chris Stevens Ext 11 twice. Chris left VM that they are only in the office one or two days
a week and would get back to me asap. Hopefully we will still receive the extra incentive.
What dates would we like to do this so we can be ready when we do receive a call back?
3. Status of donation letters.
4. Box Tops and Terracycle. https://www.boxtops4education.com/ Terracycle.com
5. Discuss future events and how we plan to raise funds
6. Finalize plans for Fall Festival
Prairie Heights Elementary PTO
October 7, 2020 6:00 PM
1. Attendees Emily Goggin-President, Chelsea Scoggin- Treasurer, Casey Jackson-Secretary, Tiffany
Cannon, Victoria Mueller, Michele Cheesman, Lyndsey Lynch.
2. PTO will put out a survey to see if community will donate items for a holiday shop instead of
signing up for fundraiser. All income would be profit at the point.
Casey will set up first school night with Papa Johns on a Friday or Saturday night in November.
3. Donation letters have been sent to Fountain Walmart, Pueblo Walmart, Pueblo West Walmart,
and Fountain Big R. All letters will be followed up on this week. Letters to Target still need to go
4. PTO will get a flyer together about the new Box Top for Education app and Terracycle to be
distributed to families so they can help with funds for our school.
5. Future events will be discussed at future meetings.
6. Fall festival: Building will be opened by Noon by maintenance -Michele will coordinate
Bathrooms- Michele will find out about leaving the building open
Cost- Donations only
No food served – only single use drinks waters and hug juices
Trunk-or-treat 3:30pm Emily will follow up for prizes
Pin the eye on the monster
Pool with ducks
Jail cell picture booth
Poke a pumpkin
Bowling – Tiffany will bring ball
Hay Maze – Ed may have donation of hay bales Emily will follow up if not Pueblo West Big R
needs to be contacted
Hay Ride – Emily will follow up with Ed
Halloween egg hunt is a possibility as well
7. Follow up meeting scheduled for October 28 th at 6pm to finalize fall festival activities.
8. Lyndsey from High School PTA will coordinate with PTA Rep to come out and talk about how to
register Prairie Heights as a PTA.